Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Notice
Collection, Recording, Storage and Retention of Personal Information
The Carpedia (“we” or “us” or “our”) is currently taking an exercise to comply with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) is an Act that is passed by the Malaysian government to regulate the processing of personal data in a commercial transaction. To comply with the Act, we are required to manage the personal data that we collect from you.
The purposes for which your personal data may be used are, but not limited to:
- Internal record keeping
- To provide services to you
- To improve our products and services
- To customize this website according to your interests
- To enable you to provide goods or services to The Carpedia
- To assess your job application
- To administer your participation in any contest/programme related to the public organized by us
- To conduct internal activities
- To send you festive messages, promotional message and special offers based on your privacy preferences
- To better understand your needs as our customer
- For security and fraud prevention purposes
- For the purposes of statistical analysis of data
- For profiling your preferences
- For finance and marketing activities
- For the purposes of our corporate governance
- To send you event invitations based on selective events
- For the purposes of complying with the Companies Act 1965
- For the purposes of inclusion in media engagements and / or any relevant or related events
- For the purposes of us preparing guest invitations, registration and / or sign-ups for our events
- For the purposes of printed and on-line publications
(collectively, “the Purposes”) Your personal data will be collected from various on-line forms available during your visits to The Carpedia’s website, existing guest lists, business cards, guest books and / or any events organised by us (as hereinafter defined).
You may be required to supply us with your name, company’s name, address, country, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email address.
If you fail to supply us with such personal data, we may not be able to process and/or disclose your personal data for any of the above Purposes.
Please be informed that your personal data may be disclosed, disseminated and/or transferred to companies within the The Carpedia (including the holding company, subsidiaries, associated, related and affiliated companies as well as their subsidiaries, associated and affiliated companies, both local and international), whether present or future or to any third party organizations or persons for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations to you in respect of the Purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes and also in providing integrated services, maintaining and storing records.
To this end, we are committed in ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of your personal data made available to us. It is your obligation to ensure that all personal data submitted to us and retained by us are accurate, not misleading, updated and complete in all aspects. For the avoidance of doubt, we and/or its employees or authorized officers or agents will not be responsible for any personal data submitted by you to us that is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete and not updated.
Further, we may request your assistance to procure the consent of third parties whose personal data is made available by you to us and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to do so.
You may at any time after the submission of your personal data to us, submit your request for access to your personal data by submitting such request to us at the address stated below in the event: you require access to and/or wish to make corrections to your personal data subject to compliance of such request for access or correction not being refused under the provisions of the Act and/or existing laws; you wish to enquire about your personal data; and you are no longer agreeable to us retaining, holding or storing your personal data. However, please note that this may result in us not being able to properly perform or discharge our obligations to you.
Any personal data retained by us shall be destroyed and/or deleted from our records and system in accordance with our retention policy in the event such data is no longer required for the said Purposes.
We trust that you will consent to the processing of your personal data and that you declare that you have read, understood and accepted the statements and terms herein.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Carpedia Global Holidays Sdn. Bhd.
C-1-5, Plaza Damas 3, Jalan Sri Hartamas 1
Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur 50480
+6 019-577 8108
Last Edited on 2017-06-14